Melbourne Animal Physiotherapy has been providing animal physiotherapy and hydrotherapy to small animals since 2007. We are associated with Advanced Vetcare, who is highly regarded as a specialist 24hours referral clinic in Melbourne’s Inner West, allowing expert liaison at our fingertips. We work closely with the hydrotherapy nurses to determine the best form of therapy and rehabilitation to suit your pet’s needs.
Animal Physiotherapy is similar to human physiotherapy. We undertake a thorough subjective assessment, gaining as much history as possible relating to the current injury and the pet’s usual lifestyle. We then will observe the pet performing some normal activities that are appropriate for its condition. From here we can determine the goals of treatment and devise the best treatment plan to help steer your pet to its best recovery possible.
Treatments may include:
- Massage therapy
- Joint mobilisation
- Muscle and joint stretching
- Muscle strengthening and conditioning
- Trigger point therapy
- Dry needling
- Proprioceptive and balance re-training
- Hydrotheraoy, under the guidance of Advanced Vetcare Nurses
- Advice regarding rehabilitation products
- Home Exercise Prescription
- Diet, supplement and weight loss advice